Sunday, February 22, 2009

Something New

Ok, I'm gonna try and switch this up today. I'm going to try something new. I have this little thing with Vickie where I send her a picture of someone who I have a crush on that week. So why not tell everyone my "crush of the week"? It's sorta fun, because it really doesn't have to be a real person or even a person at all.

My first ever post entitled "Crush of the Week" I can thank my wonderful husband Noah for. One night while laying in bed, we had on the Travel Channel, one of our favorite networks to watch. Well, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations happened to be on. I'd never seen the show, and until that night wasn't really interested in watching it. It just so happened that it was a marathon night, so it was one episode right after another. I didn't complain. I figured we were spending "quality" time together. Well, to my surprised after the first episode, I wanted more.

Anthony Bourdain is first and for most a chef. A man after my own heart. I love to cook, and I love to watch "cooking" shows. He is also a writer. He's written several books, the most popular one being Kitchen Confidential. But today he is best known for his show on Travel Channel, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

The show starts out with Bourdain narrating where in the world he is, and the culture of the country he is in. Then he is met by his "guide" and his adventure starts. Let me just say, this guy will eat ANYTHING and he has eaten just about anything. In one of the episodes we watched that night, he was in Namibia. The tribe he was with went hunting for dinner. They came back with a warthog. I didn't think much of it...it's a pig right? As the tribe was preparing the "meal" he said that they had now "ice box" to put any of the meat in. They cook and eat. This takes all day. So they started cutting up the pig and throwing it into the fire. When they pulled the meat out of the fire it had ash and stuff on it. They eat that stuff! But the delicacy of the catch was of all things the rectum. YUK!

Being the "good" guy he is, he ate it. He had to step away from the tribe and with the camera rolling he whispered, "That was the hardest meal I've ever had to eat." He was gagging at one point!

It's very interesting to see where he'll end up and what he'll end up eating. It's not for those with a week stomach! But he's so fun to watch, and he's hilarious too!

So this week, my crush of the week is Anthony Bourdain!

1 comment:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

.....and now I am gagging! First Linda Mach sends me the recipe for making liver sausage using a pig's head and now this! Too much! Anyway, I like that you watch the Travel Channel. I do not have that station here, with only Basic Cable at my house. Enjoy! Anthony, Noah, Gabe, and Manny are lucky guys!

Love,

Kim