Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's a blessed day!


Tonight was Gabriel's Talent Night at St. Paul's. Because Noah had to work tonight, I promised him I would record his performance. So when it was the Pre K/Kindergarten's class to go up in front of us, I got out my phone and started to record his performance. When I hit the stop button, I received a message that said, "NO MEMORY CARD INSERTED" WHAT? I was so depressed and a little angry. I felt bad because Noah wouldn't even get to see it.


On the way home we stopped by Noah's work to say hello. It happened to be his break time, so we sat out in the van and talked. I got out my phone to see if any of the performance recorded. And to my surprise there is was. The entire song! I was so happy! It's a blessed day!


Gabriel is in the front row wearing his blue and red stripped sweater with the foot ball on it. He's the one arms out like he's trying to keep the rest of the crowd from moving closer to the front...my little security guard.


I had Manny pulling on my arm and saying, "I see Gabe!" during the whole performance, so sorry for the back ground noise. I couldn't understand all the words to the song, so after the video are the lyrics to the song.


ENJOY!






Never Polka With a Porcupine


(from the collection "Wild Things")



Never polka with a procupine.


Dancing isn't part of his desing.


You can schottische with a sheep or


swing-dance with the swine.


But never, never, Ouch!


Never, ouch!, ouch! ouch!


Never polka with a porcupine.








Never polka with a porcupine.


Good dance partners aren't that hard to find.


You can salsa with a slug.


Just watch out for the slime.


But never, never, Ouch!


Never, ouch! ouch! ouch!


Never polka with a porcupine.








He's not too fond of dancing,


or other fancy prancing.


He'd rather show off his tree-climing skills.


Be careful how you treat him


the next time that you meet him,


because he's covered head to toe in quills.








Never polka with a porcupine.


That's the point where you must draw the line.


You can cha-cha with a chimp


that swings from vine to vine.


But never, never, Ouch!


Never, ouch!, ouch! ouch!


Never polka with a porcupine. OUCH!

2 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Good morning, Lisa!

You must have posted late because I checked once more before going to bed and now, here it is!

I really enjoyed the polka dance, and I also liked hearing Manny say, "I see Gabe!" over and over. Can't wait until it's his turn to polka!!!

Justin and I thought of Manny at "Riverdance" the other night, knowing he would have loved the dancing and the music.

Love you, dearie!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my day! I am glad that you were able to record it for Noah and the rest of us. I save all these so I can watch them again.