Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF!

Thank God It's Friday! It's been a very long week. I'm exhausted. I put in almost 20 hours of overtime this week alone! The pay is nice, but the hours are catching up to me. I love my job, but after a while I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day. I relive the same day over and over and over again.


I think it was Thursday I received a call at work from Rachel. She's our pastor's wife, and a good friend of mine. When Mrs. Julie Butler can't watch the boys, Rachel steps in and will watch them for me. Well, she and Pastor had some friends coming up from Port Washington and were going to go see the movie Coming Home, which apparently takes place in New Ulm, MN, where Rachel went to school. ANYWAY...Rachel asked me if I would like to swap services this week. She was watching my boys today and her friends and she were going to the movie in the evening. So she asked me if Paul could come over and stay with us while they were at the movie. Of coarse...how fun. So now the four of us, Gabriel, Emmanuel, Paul, and I are sitting in the living room with nice warm blankets , eating pop corn, drinking juice, and watching Wall-E. So far no fighting has occurred. There's a lot of talking...but I've already seen the movie, so it's ok I guess.


So I got my seven year review today. It went quite well. It's nice to feel appreciated and needed. I can't thank the Lord enough for the wonderful people I work for. They are very understanding and so open about stuff. The last month was rough for me, and we discussed what we could do in the future to help me out. Looks like we'll be getting the "hired" help to come in in January instead of February! Yay for me...less stress. Gene pointed out that I get "a little crabby" during the month of January. Anything to keep him happy, and me sane is good for me. Gene did politely ask that if I wanted to quit and find a different career to please give them ample time to find someone to replace me. Replace me? I'm irreplaceable! But my response to him was, "You're stuck with me, Honey." They both laughed.


Tomorrow I have to go into work at nine in the morning and work until four...a short day for me. After work, Noah and I are going to have a date night. Our second time in fourteen years that we will celebrate Valentines Day. We're looking at going out for dinner and going to a movie. The movie we picked out isn't a romantic one or even what most would consider a "date" movie, but we're both looking forward to it. We are going to see the remake of Friday the 13th!


It's kind of tradition for us that when the 13th lands on a Friday, we would rent slasher movies, order pizza and have a movie night. With Noah being on second shift, we've missed out on that, so we're going to make up for it by going to the theater to see the movie.

Total change in subject, but I must say the freaks were out today! Maybe it's the full moon, or the fact that it is FRIDAY THE 13TH, but we had so many strange calls. We had lots of talkers too. Before noon Tim calculated 47 calls! I answered, or tried to answer, them all. Three times this morning the answering machine picked up because I was either busy with a client or was on the other line. It's very hard for me to get anything else done when I'm on the phone all the time.


I got a call the other day from a gentleman asking me to look up H&R Block's telephone number. He couldn't find it in the phone book. I thought Tim was going to pass out from laughing so hard. I put the guy on hold to help a client at the counter, and when I came back the guy had hung up. I was told if he called back to tell him to dial 411. I don't think of these things until after the fact, but yeah Bozo, call information, not competition.


As I'm writing this all three boys are laying on the floor all in a row covered in blankets and it's quite quiet right now. I'm very impressed. I expected yelling and screaming and running around. Heck this ain't so bad!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Sweetheart!

I am so glad to hear that you passed your review with flying colors! Gene might be on to something though if he actually mentioned the crabbiness....I would be more careful about it if I were you---spoken like a true boss, right?

Is the movie you mentioned actually called "New in Town"? Linda and I went to see it and roared with laughter, because we are in it!! It takes place in New Ulm and the catch phrase we came away with was "Are you a scrapper?". Talk about funny!

Hugs,

Kim