Thursday, February 5, 2009

What kind of mother...

...am I? Oh my goodness. In the last week my poor little Manny has had it rough. We've been having issues with him sleeping in his own bed. Somewhere he learned about monsters and zombies under his bed. I'm thinkin' that came from his older brother, who loves that kind of stuff. But any way last week Saturday morning he crawled into bed with me in the way early a.m. and fell back to sleep. At 7:30 or so, I woke up to a huge thud. Here Manny had rolled over and fell right out of bed. On the way to the floor he hit the nightstand with his face and within an hour he had a huge black eye. He complained for a little big about it hurting, but then was back to the obnoxious little man he's known to be, running back and forth the length of the house. Good to see that it wasn't serious.

Well last night, sound asleep in bed I was awakened by what I thought was a coughing/screaming sound. I sat straight up into bed trying to figure out where I was or even what time of the day it was. Within seconds I had Gabriel standing in the doorway tell me that Manny was crying. The little guy never got up, but he was laying in his bed crying. I went over by him and rubbed his back, and within a few minutes he settled down. I went to lay back down in my bed when I heard Manny crawl out of his bed and tell Gabriel he had to go potty. So I got up and went to the bathroom with him to turn the lights on so he wouldn't pee all over the seat...boys are known for that. I tucked him back into bed thinking everything was alright.

In the morning Gabriel was telling me that Manny threw up in the night. I said no he didn't because I didn't see anything in his bed when I went in there at 4 a.m. Well, after looking a little closer and after Gabriel pointed out the spots on the sheets, I put my son back to bed in soiled puke sheets. What mother does that? I feel so awful. I can't believe Manny didn't say anything to me about it. Makes me feel horrible.

Ok, so I had my first "bad mother" moment. But why is it always the same child? First his tooth, then his eye, and then sleeping in his own vomit...how awful. My mom said to me yesterday...he's going to be the one with the broken bones. Great some more stuff to look forward to. Yay for me...

So yeah, that's what Manny (and I) have gone through in the last week. Poor little fella. Finally after a haircut and a nice warm bath, he's sleeping soundly in his freshly made bed. What a little angel.

Good night to you all.

1 comment:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Honey!

So sorry about the troubles with Manny. Did you ever figure out what was the matter that he threw up in the night? And then a black eye to top it off.....You are right, it is always the same kid! I feel badly for both of you!

Give hugs and squeezes all around, and two for you!

Love,

Kim