Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out of the mouth of a five year old...

I have a scary story to tell everyone. I guess it's something I have to deal with being a mother and wanting to be there for everything my children go through...even if it is bad things.


Saturday morning Emmanuel came in my room and said, "Mama, I need a tissue." So I reached over on my nightstand and grabbed a tissue. He took it said thanks and went back to his bed. A few minutes later he was back in my room kind of whining/crying. He said, "Mama, I have gross on my face." I rolled over and could see something on his face. I got up and took him into a better lighted area. At closer look the poor guy was covered in blood. His face, hair, and hands. I flipped. I ran him into the bathroom for even a better look. He looked closer and saw all the blood and began to shake like crazy. I grabbed a washcloth and made in nice and warm to wash his face to see if he'd cut himself, or if I could find a gash or something on his head. After cleaning his face up, I noticed blood dripping from his nose. Thank God it was just a nose bleed. But so much blood! I couldn't believe it. His blanket was covered with it too.


I was in shock. I felt sick to my stomach, and just wanted the whole ordeal to be over. We ran a nice warm back, and put Manny in the water. (The bathtub and his bed are his comfort places when he's sick or hurt.) This gave me the opportunity to catch my breath and try to calm myself down.


After his bath, I put him in clean jammies, and sent him off to bed again. By this time Gabriel was up. I was so tired from lack of sleep the night before, I just wanted to go back to bed. I put in a movie, and the boys watch while I tried to sleep. For two hours it was nice and quiet. The boys just stayed in their room while I napped. They are so sweet.


I have to tell you how Gabriel tells the story of Emmanuel's ordeal...


"...He was getting a lot warmer. And he was getting a lot drier. And the elecfricity (electricity) from the plug made bleed come out of his nose. He was sleeping. Now we have the water to never make his nose bleed again..."


It's very dry in our house, so that explains the drier part of the story, but where the child gets the idea of a plug up his nose I'll never understand. Every time he tells the story, I have to turn my head and chuckle. The expressions this child makes when he's tell it is so cute.


Well, I need to go to bed now. I'd like to be to work by 7:30 tomorrow morning to get stuff caught up. I really hate Januaries at work. It's the worst month for me.


Good night to you all!

2 comments:

Kim Lahaie Day said...

Hi Lisa!

I am sorry about Manny's bloody nose and the fright you had. Will the blood wash out of his blankets and sheets? Was he scared, too? Oh my......maybe a humidifier would help keep the night air a bit more moist for their sleeping times. My friend, Suzanne, wrote that her son too had dry boogers and his daddy had to excavate to free them!

I can just see Gabe face and hands gesturing as he tells the story!

Love,

Kim

Anonymous said...

I know how those nosebleeds can be. Your Grandma and I both get them in the winter. I am glad that it was nothing serious. I too can picture Gabe telling what had happenend. Children sure do have a knack for story telling.